Back Pain, Interventional Pain Management Treatments and car crash recovery.
For back pain sufferers, interventional pain management combined with Chiropractic and Physical Therapy techniques can be particularly useful. At Utah Injury Clinic we approach each person individually. Everyone has different needs and goals for recovery. After a car crash you can find comfort in the team of physicians at UIC.
– Epidural injections (in all areas of the spine): the use of anesthetic and steroid medications injected into the epidural space to relieve pain or diagnose a specific condition.
– Nerve, root, and medial branch blocks: injections done to determine if a specific spinal nerve root is the source of pain. Blocks also can be used to reduce inflammation and pain.
– Facet joint injections: an injection used to determine if the facet joints are the source of pain. These injections can also provide pain relief.
– Discography: an “inside” look into the discs to determine if they are the source of a patient’s pain. This procedure involves the use of a dye that is injected into a disc and then examined using x-ray or CT Scan.
– Pulsed Radiofrequency Neurotomy (PRFN): a minimally invasive procedure that disables spinal nerves and prevents them from transmitting pain signals to the brain.
– Rhizotomy: a procedure in which pain signals are “turned off” through the use of heated electrodes that are applied to specific nerves that carry pain signals to the brain.
– Spinal cord stimulation: the use of electrical impulses that are used to block pain from being perceived in the brain.
– Percutaneous Discectomy/Nucleoplasty: a procedure in which tissue is removed from the disc in order to decompress and relieve pressure.
Interventional pain management at Utah Injury Clinic often include other treatments such as Chiropractic, physical therapy, Massage therapy. Our physicians and therapists work together to help assist in the healing process.
Pain from a car accident can occur immediately following the accident or may not manifest for a few hours, or even days and up to months after the accident.
If you have been involved in a minor car accident or a major catastrophic crash, the day after the accident your entire body could feel stiff and sore. This is your body telling you to come to Utah Injury Clinic in Murray Utah. We will help diagnose and treat the injuries caused from the crash.